NICE guidance update on the management of Crohn’s disease
For Crohn's disease
- doctors know which drug treatments work best to treat flare ups, and how to prevent future flare-ups
- your doctor explains the pros and cons of different drug treatments, including any side effects, so you can decide what’s right for you
- your doctor involves you in decisions about how to manage your condition between flare-ups.
- what matters most to you – what do you want to get out of any treatments?
- what are you most worried about – are there risks or downsides to the treatments that worry you more than others?
- how will the condition and its treatment affect your day to day life?
- what happens if you don’t want to have treatment?
© NICE 
NICE guidance is prepared for the National Health Service in England. All NICE guidance is subject to regular review and may be updated or withdrawn. NICE accepts no responsibility for the use of its content in this product/publication.
The information provided by NICE was accurate at the time this article was issued.
Reporting of suspected adverse reactions
Reporting suspected adverse reactions (side effects) after authorisation of the medicinal product is important. It allows continued monitoring of the benefit/risk balance of the medicinal product. Healthcare professionals or patients are asked to report any suspected adverse reactions via the Yellow Card Scheme at yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store.
Disclaimer: This site is designed to offer information for general educational purposes only. The health information furnished on this site and the interactive responses are not intended to be professional advice and are not intended to replace personal consultation with a qualified physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional. We cannot provide individual medical advice. You must always seek the advice of a professional for questions related to a disease, disease symptoms, and appropriate therapeutic treatments.
Sharable Article Link : https://keepmeinformed.eu/Article?articleGuid=fd0055e4-fa8d-49c5-b399-f7d155028b4b