NICE recommend dapagliflozin (Forxiga) for treatment of type 1 diabetes
Forxiga, for Type 1 diabetes from AstraZeneca
- they are on insulin doses of more than 0.5 units/kg of body weight/day and
- they have completed a structured education programme that is evidence based, quality assured, delivered by trained educators and includes information about diabetic ketoacidosis, such as:
- how to recognise its risk factors, signs and symptoms
- how and when to monitor blood ketone levels
- what actions to take for elevated blood ketones, and
- treatment is started and supervised by a consultant physician specialising in endocrinology and diabetes
© NICE 
NICE guidance is prepared for the National Health Service in England. All NICE guidance is subject to regular review and may be updated or withdrawn. NICE accepts no responsibility for the use of its content in this product/publication.
The information provided by NICE was accurate at the time this article was issued.
Reporting of suspected adverse reactions
Reporting suspected adverse reactions (side effects) after authorisation of the medicinal product is important. It allows continued monitoring of the benefit/risk balance of the medicinal product. Healthcare professionals or patients are asked to report any suspected adverse reactions via the Yellow Card Scheme at yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store.
Disclaimer: This site is designed to offer information for general educational purposes only. The health information furnished on this site and the interactive responses are not intended to be professional advice and are not intended to replace personal consultation with a qualified physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional. We cannot provide individual medical advice. You must always seek the advice of a professional for questions related to a disease, disease symptoms, and appropriate therapeutic treatments.
Sharable Article Link : https://keepmeinformed.eu/Article?articleGuid=1046419d-743a-46c3-8529-e88ca7de9e32